The first year of The Braking Point podcast wraps up with another solo effort by The Apex’s Executive Editor Ben Hinc with a roundup of sports car, Mazda Road to Indy and Verizon IndyCar Series headlines.
Sandwiched between all the news is a rundown of the six hours of IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship action at Watkins Glen from this past weekend where misfortune for Wayne Taylor Racing led to a streak being broken and enabled Action Express Racing to earn its first victory of the season.
Episode 52 wraps up with a brief in-depth topic on the value provided by The Braking Point and a fun blooper reel.
- Sportscar365: Turner Planning Multi-Car BMW M4 GT4 Effort for 2018
- RACER: Saavedra, AFS pressing ahead with IMSA plans
- The Apex: Race Report: 2017 Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen
- The Apex: Simpson Tops First Watkins Glen Practice
- Sportscar365: Derani Leads ESM Nissan Sweep on Friday at Watkins Glen
- Sportscar365: Pla Quickest in Mixed-Condition Practice 3
- Sportscar365: Atherton: Split DPi, LMP2 Classes Under Consideration
- Sportscar365: Hand Snags Watkins Glen GTLM Pole
- Sportscar365: Derani, ESM on Pole for 6H Watkins Glen
- The Apex: Derani Leads After First Hour at Watkins Glen
- The Apex: Senna, ESM in Control at Halfway
- The Apex: Barbosa Keeps Cadillac Streak Alive With Victory at The Glen
- The Apex: Sims, BMW Prevail at Watkins Glen
- The Apex: Race Report: 2017 Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix
- Sportscar365: Visit Florida Racing Eyeing Switch to DPi in 2018
- Sportscar365: IMSA Reveals “36H Florida” Incentive Package for New International Teams
- Sportscar365: Penske Evaluating Petit Le Mans Entry
- Sportscar365: Atherton: DPis in LMP1 Not Currently a “Priority of Discussion”
- Sportscar365: All-New Lineup for PR1/Mathiasen Ligier at CTMP
- Sportscar365: Sweedler, Bell Add Lime Rock to AJR Audi GTD Effort
- Sportscar365: Brown “Committed” to ESM, Despite Retirement from Prototypes
Mazda Road to Indy
- RACER: Boat to make Indy Lights debut for Belardi at Iowa
- RACER: MRTI preview: Indy Lights, USF2000 return at Iowa
- Motorsport: Gutierrez says rookie oval experience “mentally demanding”
- RACER: Ganassi penalized for Road America infractions
- Motorsport: Honda identifies cause of IndyCar reliability problems
- Motorsport: Portland would need upgrading for IndyCar race
- The Apex: Race Report: 2017 Iowa Corn 300
The Braking Point is produced and distributed by The Apex.